Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Escobar: He gone.


Frank Wren and Company weren't screwing around. The Braves have always brushed there issues with Yunel Escobar under the mat, but today they'd had enough. Yunel has been sent to Canada along with JoJo Reyes. The Braves get longtime solid SS in Alex Gonzalez and 2 minor league players.

I, like most Braves fans, have always been amazed by Escobar's talent. We've all been waiting for that "ah hah" moment. The time where everything kinda clicks, and he becomes a complete player. That moment will have to take place while wearing a Blue Jays uni. I'm not sure how I feel about this trade, except the happiness felt knowing JoJo Reyes won't pitch in a Braves uni anymore. It's obvious that YE has issues way beyond just hitting and fielding, and I certainly don't blame Atl for wanting to rid themselves of any headaches, but man, what if? But I guess that's all we were ever waiting though, the what ifs for Escobar.


First Half thoughts:

- Every time I hear Chip Caray speak I think, boy I miss Pete and Skip.
- Some guys just know how to hit the ball, and Matt Diaz and Prado are 2 of them.
- Is it me or does it seem like every time Derek Lowe take the mound, he seems like he's trying to fish around for something that's not there? I know he's not giving up a ton of runs, but he's getting a ton of run supprt in his wins.
- Talk of a new bat in LF and Gary Sheffield in the same sentence makes me cringe.


Second Half hopes:

- Hang in there, Chipper and Troy.
- Change your mind Billy Wagner.
- No more sliding from Jason Heyward.
- 4 man rotation: Hudson, Jurrjens, Hanson, Medlen.
- Nate McLouth will be just fine in the second half. If guys like him and Melky do ANYTHING, the Braves will in pretty good shape.
- More bobble head nights

1 comment:

Weazle said...

I still want Willie Harris back.