Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#744

Two weeks ago tomorrow, someone in my class told me that 'this will be our next to last Spring Break ever'. So, I decided to treat it like it was the last. Lots of things happened from April 1st to April 10 -- none of which included blogs. Some happenings were awesome; some not so awesome. Some things were scary, and some things were just plain sexy.

The awesome...

The weather was perfect. Tybee, just in general, was rockin' and rollin'. A. Morgan was hanging out, and we drank on the beach like old times. In town, Ben's hamburgers were still as good as it gets. I got a "when are you graduating? you want a job here?" talking to from my old boss, so that was nice. And, a lot can be said for waking up at 10 or 11am, watching Las Vegas (which is just as awesome as you can imagine), a beer with lunch, and then repeating the beer part the rest of the day, each day.

The not so awesome...

Svedka and V8 Splash

The sexy...

 
Don't worry, I won't bite. It's not that I don't want to, but that at that point the only thing I wanted to do was the Bernie and drink Hurricanes. If you look closely, you can see my semi growing for all the guys wearing graphic tees in Tybee Time. Highlight of the night: absolutely clearing the dance floor at Scandal's with my ninja Shane.

The down right scary...

So, you've heard of the "Shot heard 'round the world", right? You know, when the late Bobby Thompson hit a homer against the NY baseball-Giants in '51 to clinch the NL pennant. Well, Sunday, April 3rd will be forever known as the "Shot heard 'round the C-port". To protect the innocent, the victim will be known as Ally. Forgive me if I'm making light of the situation because that's not my intention. The only reason I'm even talking about this is because Ally is OK.

The scene: Historic Cannon Field; Good Guys - 30something and the Bad Guys - 16ish. Blowey Rims was already 6-7 with 3 HRs and too many RBIs when he stepped up for his 8th and final AB. Bad Guy flamethrower, Ally, was on the mound. The second pitch was right in his wheel-house. It was sent right back from whereith it came.



Fun was over. At best, I thought she would lose some teeth, but somehow, thank God, the baseball only hit her on the hand. She and her bf tell me that everything is cool, but I still feel terrible. I'm sorry.

Now that I'm back in Augusta -- with just another week or two to go -- I don't have a whole lot left in the tank. I don't have a lot to show for my Spring Break, well except for a commemorative tie die SB 2011 tank top (courtesy of that new place next to High Tide) and a swollen ankle (no idea), but it was all worth it. Well, not the hitting Ally part. Here's to a smooth end to the semester.

1 comment:

Alli Matthews said...

haha....this Ally girl sounds like a real champ!