Monday, October 8, 2007

FC Savannah week 5 in review

After notching a W this week, I am one win away from mediocrity, and it's never sounded that good until now. In "the Battle of the Bottom Feeders", Mike Vick's sponsored team faced the lowly Sand Gnats. Both teams are still searching for an identity to say the least. The Sand Gnats got a little production from the ever sporadic Phillip Rivers. Oh, and Maurice Drew decided to play some football this week. We scored a few points here and there, but nothing to get excited about. I'll say this, if Marion Barber III would have done anything at all last night, I would be 1-4.



Congrats to the 4 Horsemen on their victory this week. It was a long time comin' brother. Hey, with 26 transactions so far 9 to 12 of those have to pay off sooner or later right? Well they did because the Horsemen handled Scott and his Prairie Dogs. Many of you may know there is a little bit of tension building between Larry and Rick. Something to do with CP30 or C6H12O6, I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is week 11 = Unforgiven '07. Most good teams try to focus their attentions to what is right in front of them, well the Sand Gnats and Horsemen aren't very good. Both are probably looking ahead to weeks 10 & 11 for some good ol' fashion revenge.







Anchorman played the role of giant killer this weekend. Bear Down Chi Bears never really had a chance with all of the injuries. Anchorman cruised to a 90-61 victory. I think the real surprise this week was S Murda beating up on Mitch's men. Let me tell you, there is a little unrest in the halls of 1308 E 52nd Street. Some questionable moves led to a 95-62 beating at the hands of Murda. Shane continues to dominate bums, Asians, Tybee, and the overzealous/ADHD. Way to go Shane. P Drizzle is a team that you may want to watch out for, especially when it comes to trades.




The only trade FC Savannah has seen this season was a laugher, Leinart for Griese. After this weekend Leinart is out for 6 to 8 because of a shoulder. I feel like I was just beaten and robbed, but I'm not wearing one of those pussy face protectors. On paper it looks pretty good for both sides, but yeah Pat since I'm the commissioner, I'm going to need Griese back please. Jake Delhomme is done for the year, and Michael Pittman will be out for a couple of months. I quit.

Couple of good matchups this week: P Drizzle vs. Chi Bears and Anchorman vs. Prairie Dogs

Upset of the week: The Boinkers 120 - Mitch's men 79

10, 11.

No comments: