Monday, January 11, 2010

Slimfit

Growing up in majestic Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, I had a close group of friends that were like family. Our parents were friends, our siblings were friends with each other and we were friends with each others' siblings. We went on vacations together, and it was really nice. One of my best friends since kindergarten's older brother just released his bands second album. They are called Slimfit, and they are one of my favorite bands, and I am pretty sure that they would still be one of my favorite bands if I did not grow up with one of the guys in the band. Their style of music is right up my alley, and I know that Anymouse has a certain propensity for anything of the alt-country persuasion. Here is a video some kind folks at some YouTube station made of them playing a new song off of the new album. I haven't heard the majority of the album but my friend said he was going to send me a copy, but that may take a while so I may just pay what I want and download it off the internet. Enjoy! P.S. My buddy, Joey, is the guy singing in the video.

4 comments:

Pl0we said...

Nice

Charlie Dodson said...

It's no Weird Al, but it's okay I guess.

mick said...

weazel - your move to download was a wise one. alas, i have not mailed you the disc yet. i'm working on it though.

anymouse said...

I'm late on this, but any band that records a one-two punch like "More Than Wrong" and "Standard of Life" is a band I can get down with.