Thursday, November 11, 2010

Untitled



Hey. You thought I was pulling a "dead beat dad" again didn't you? Fooled ya 'cause I'm not going anywhere. Bunger did have me a bit worried when he told me that he and Shane were the only readers left. I figured Shane took off a while ago, so I stopped worrying about the whole thing pretty quick...

Ever wonder what happens to coaches when they get canned? Like, where does Dan Hawkins go from here? He had a losing record in all of his 5 seasons at Colorado. I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm even typing this is because of this. Too good. And what about poor Wade Phillips? If you've seen the Cowboys play, I think you'd agree that they may not improve with his firing. They aren't very good, but at least Roy Williams still remembers where he came from.

On a scale of 0-10, how much effort would you say you put forth?

I went to a wedding this past weekend. The last time I was supposed to go to one of those, Georgia put up 56 on Central Michigan, and I was puking in a sink at 3. It doesn't matter if it was am or pm, okay? My suit pants barely fit, but I still remember how to dance. No band, rather a DJ who was no Marty, but he would certainly do. He played Single Ladies, yeah you know the tune, and I did my best Beyonce' impression. I was told to keep my day job to which I responded, "Opahhhhhhhh!!!" Not sure if that was appropriate use, but the woman smiled and shook her head. Gotta love those crazy Greeks. Good people, great food.

MCG's new presidente is certainly wasting no time. Dr. Ricardo Azziz, if that's your real name, has decided he's going to change our school's name. Yep, if you thought the Medical College of Georgia rolls of the tongue nicely, then you love Georgia's Health Sciences University. Wow, that's nice! He held a "forum" so students, faculty, and staff could voice opinions/concerns, but really what faculty and staff would in their right mind question him? I took the opportunity to ask him his reasoning behind the name change. I also asked if he considered that many students, presently enrolled, may feel a sense of pride or accomplishment graduating from the Medical College of Georgia. His response: "No, thanks." I wasn't really one of those students, but some fellow classmates do feel this way. His arrogance amazes me.

As of now, not a worry in the world. I just took a test on amputation and oncology today. Not a thing to do until after Thanksgiving. The grill is going. Scotch #1 tastes too good. And lastly, since I'm living hood rich, I can afford the NFL Network.

Falcons (-1.5)...I like it.




2 comments:

Shane said...

Hi!

Carrel_Fan said...

Hook, line, and sinker. I knew you'd be back