Friday, December 3, 2010

Never thought I'd say this...


I'm rooting for the upset this weekend, and it's not just because I want my old landlord to be happy. Nope, I have boundless reasons why I'm hoping for a USC win -- Cam Newton's crybaby attitude we all saw in the first half of the Iron Bowl returns; Nick Fairly and the possibility of injury?; Isiah Crowell narrows it down to GA and Bama...

Of course, I'm sure a few of you will be pulling for Auburn because you want to see them in the National Championship. It remain strange to me that people have this weak sense of "the SEC is the best and we should pull for them no matter what." Well, fuck that. I was pulling for a Boise State/ Oregon final all season. I think it would be the most entertaining game, and that's all I ever want in sports. But since Boise State practically fell out of the top 25, that ain't happening.

I'm making my case for a USC victory in the form of a Top 5...

5. Auburn's defense is terrible, and they weren't very good in the first meeting between SC/AU. Stephen Garcia fumbled twice in the 4th Q, so I'm sure Chizik sent him and his large Mexican family a Thanksgiving day ham. The scary thing for Auburn, Marcus Lattimore had arguably his worst game of the season. That won't happen tomorrow.

4. Tomorrow will mark only the second time ever that the Gamecocks will play indoors. Obviously, any kinks were worked out the first time.

3. Such a big win couldn't happen to a better guy...


This marks the first December (non-bowl game) weekend in about 10 years that a football game gets in the way of a tee time. Spurrier's going to make the most it.

2. I'm going with Lou Holtz. He's been right on a lot of stuff.

1. Uncle Rico has been laughable during his quarterbacking career at SC. Step up, but not too much! Hand the ball off to the 2nd best freshman in the country. Get the ball in the hands of Alshon Jeffrey. Don't turn it over. And stay away from the Cheetah and Pink Pony...atleast go to the Clermont where the drinks are cheaper.


30-27

1 comment:

Carrel_Fan said...

Looks like the real Garcia showed up tonight...