Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Streaking

This morning, the No-Cavity Streak was in jeopardy as I sat in the dentist's chair. I thought, 'how could it end this way?' And then I remembered that it was a streak of no cavities, so having one would mean the end. Entering the day, the streak stood tall at 9,114 days.

I explained to my dentist that my diet changes starting with the last weekend in October. That's right it's nothing but candy corn until late November...then pecan pie and that jello mold with the fruit suspended in it when late November comes around...and in December, well nothing but candy canes and maple syrup and leftover candy corn. I tried to make my dentist understand the importance of the streak, and how I needed to make it to Easter for those giant Reese's eggs with all that "peanut butter" inside.

Since Cal Ripken Jr.'s consecutive game streak stopped years back and UCLA's was halted many moons ago and Favre's streak started/ended (1) this past Monday, I'm the only one left. I know everyone is on the end of their seats, thinking stuff like: "Oh my, what happens?!", "Gee, I hope he's OK!" "Don't let that girl from Indiana beat you, pussy!", but exhale and know that the streak continues. No cavity. 9,115.

Time to celebrate with Mountain Dew and Krispy Kreme.

3 comments:

Shane said...

When it comes to not having cavities, I'd say you really murk the competition.

Carrel_Fan said...

Self high five and Murray high five.

Weazle said...

What is a dentist?