Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"It's your right as an US Citizen"

That's what the Assistant Juror Manager told us today, as we sit in that smelly assembly room. It started with about 150 sleepy face, but that number sadly dwindled. I've got a 300 lb'er to my left eating pop tarts and a dude who's coughing like he's got the black lung to my right. It's going to be a great morning. "We appreciate your commitment to justice and your Patience." What does that even mean?

Today, a crime was committed against 38 individuals. That crime was False Imprisonment. Go ahead, get all legal on me Schiv. I know this isn't actually FI, but that's not the point. The point is, I spent 4 hours of my day in a assembly room and an empty courtroom with no reasonable explanation. And then most Honorable of the Honorable Judge Bass comes in to say, "Thanks everybody, ha but we don't need you." I get to keep the 10 spot, right? Ten bucks? First and hopefully the last time I'll ever say, I would have rather been working.

Thanks for the quick fuck, Chatham. My butt hurts a bit, but it's my civic duty! Oh, however you can keep the $10 next go round.

3 comments:

PMac said...

Gotta love Judge Bass. I was always a fan of his son James in kindergarten and 1st grade. I think the poor kid was told to sit outside in the hall almost every day.

Carrel_Fan said...

top 5 @ BSS

5. James
4. Jamaal
3. Martin
2. Ronald
1. Quinton

Barstool69 said...

I'm proud of you Joey