Monday, May 18, 2009

Sad, sad news to report...


It is with great sadness and much regret, that I inform you of the loss of a staple in my wardrobe. It's true, my PING hat did not survive Beach Bum, the move, and it's ultimate demise, a cold/cold gentle cycle cleaning in the washing machine. That hat meant to me what Sting Ray's tees are to Shane, that BC cutoff tee is to Donnie, or boat shoes are to these guys.

While the loss is a devastating one, I must press on with daily life activities. Not because it was just a hat, smart asses, but because that's what PING hat would've wanted. Never clashing and always comfortable, it was my go to hat when I needed that "big hair" to get out.

I have yet to mention all of the really bad and sometimes mediocre golf I played while wearing said hat. So there, I mentioned it. I eagled a par 5 from 150 yds out, and I missed my only real hole-in-one chance by an inch with that thing on my head. There goes my golf game, I guess. No, I don't own PING clubs, but I do know PLowe. He sells PING clubs.

While this hat is not replaceable, I feel as though I must find another go to hat. The "other" hat will get a fair shot, but it's going to be a difficult adjustment.

Farewell, PING hat.

4 comments:

Pl0we said...

PING GOLF and PING are registered trade marks of the PING GOLF COMPANY. All rights Reserved 2009.

Not only do I sell PING clubs, I am also a certified PING fitter.

Pl0we said...

Joey I did not want you to get in trouble so that is why I did the PING trade mark.

Charlie Dodson said...

"Waa-PING!"

Snuffy said...

Can you fit my PING?

Nice Curley reference, Don.