Monday, June 22, 2009

Yay, it's over.

I have a few thoughts on the 109th US Open...

- Man, a retractable roof would have come in handy this weekend.

- Lucas Glover could not be more boring.

- Ricky Barnes had a case of the Mondays...

- It was pretty badass seeing David Duval and his Oakleys on the leaderboard of a major again. The likelihood of this being a one time thing is high, but I hope that's not the case.

- I could break 100 at Bethpage Black.

- Johnny Miller makes me cringe.

- Van Pelt was a godsend in those hours of filler coverage. I missed out on Berman during the ESPN led coverage, but Van Pelt's direction was useful.

- Phil did the "thumbs up" too much.

- The rain beat Tiger.



See you next week...

5 comments:

JJBA said...

If Phil or Duval couldn't win I was pulling for Glover. He's a nice guy who loves college football and is one of the few Americans left who wears normal clothes.

Van Pelt is a godsend to ESPN.

JJBA said...

No ground control to David Toms this year so you didn't miss that.

Carrel_Fan said...

A step further, no male should ever wear a white belt unless he is participating in martial arts. It is written.

Charlie Dodson said...

Yes. Thank God it's over.

Van Pelt is awesome.

Even soccer players can handle the rain...

Joe said...

Van Pelt: "They're changing the grooves? Don't take the teeth out of my Flopadopolus!"