Friday, January 7, 2011

My Two-Thousand and Eleven Thesis: On My Blog Which No One Reads




The Drain: Devil's Advocate is a cheap way to substantiate an argument. A four year old could conduct such an argument, or anyone who knows what the opposite of something is.

Schiv, the way I see it fitting is thus: I care about the betterment of society, which is why I teach and coach. I care about the betterment of each individual student or athlete. There are days when I can't stand some of my students or some of my players, but I show up the next day, regardless.

The discourse we have been conducting seems to be more about the image of a school and a program than about the actual mission statement (whatever it is) of the school.

I must admit that I was slinging a little mud in yalls' eye because I find it so laughable that you all care this much about the school you went to seven years ago. However, it is easy to care that much from the peanut gallery.

In today's society, there is no shortage of people who can point out what the problems are in the world, and we are at a huge shortage of people who daily attempt to cut out societal ills.

So, I guess what I meant to say the entire time is this. Lancaster Catholic would shit all over Benedictine Military School. As Executive President of Student Council 2003 Session, quite possibly one of the greatest classes to ever wear the regal Purple and Gold, I find it cute, how much time yall waste thinking about the shit heads that go to your school now.


In the land of Yankees, we excell in high school, then move on. Or we don't. I can't speak for all of my classmates. We hated high school when we were there, we couldn't wait to get to college. There were three of my classmates that went to the illustrious college of Notre Dame. Our valedictorian works for NASA. One of my best buddies plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Last decade we won a State Basketball Championship, as well as a State Football Championship.

Maybe what the real problem is for your Cadets is the since of tradition that is being forced on every kid that attends BC. And it appears to be a tradition of nothing special. I haven't ever been impressed by BC in sports or anything else. Yall want to ride on your laurels of being the best school to go to in Savannah...well, there ain't much compitition, and I'm not really sure that you hold that title.

I understand that yall are Cadets. A cadet is a military personell in training.

I'm a God damned Crusader. We fight for a cause.

We don't just learn to fight to learn to fight.

We win like it is our job. We piss excellence. Yall don't even know what that taste like.




6 comments:

Charlie Dodson said...

(Bunger, you are the smartest person I've ever met.
I'm lucky to be your friend. Thanks for everything you've ever done for me.)

Benedictine is in a decade long slump. Our 02-03 varsity basketball squad wouldn't compete with yours. A winning record against public schools in Savannah is no prize. Champions win championships and that's what the Crusaders did. We didn't even make the state playoffs.

BC football is in shambles. From 2000-2009 we didn't beat anyone special. None of our guys went anywhere to play. And the NFL? We have never had a guy sniff the League, especially no one we went to school with.

Baseball? No one from BC has gone on to play college or professional baseball lately.

Soccer? We don't care about soccer.

I won't even talk about academics. NASA? Notre Dame? No way. People from BC go to GSU, UGA, AASU or GA Tech at best.

You are right. High school for you was a good time that you're done with: it was a stepping stone to bigger and better things. We are all caught up in our high school still, and that makes us lame.

Carrel_Fan said...

Shane, don't ever stop the devil's advocate thing. If it can work for Pacino, it can work for you.

Shane said...

Carrel_fan,

Don't forget about Brother 'May I Play Devil's Advocate' Whitehead

(Warning: Highschool Reference)

Weazle said...

(Thanks D)

JJBA said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXvmSaE0JXA

Weazle said...

Well said, JJ.