Sunday, January 23, 2011

Two for Twenty-Three

hat title doesn't make any sense does it? Since my attempt to be clever failed, I'll just tell you...two posts for January 23rd (today). 


I'm sure you're thinking...


Don't be shocked. It's been done it before. And for those of you that are still doubting... tell 'em Samuel L.

Now that that's settled or I've lost the readers, let's get started!

#1

Let me start by saying thanks to A. Morgan for introducing me to one of these videos. You may want to punch him in the eyeball once you see it. I'll let you decide....

For the most part, Cali Swag District's "Teach me how to Dougie" has been far and away the best song to dance to for the past year...maybe the past 100 years. When, if ever, have you been able to stand in one spot, flail your arms around, and mimic brushing your hair and look cool? I'll venture to say never. 



It's a wrap, right? Wait! Sooo, this isn't a one horse race? That's where homeboy Morgan steps in...




I'm just impressed that black folks know what Weekend at Bernie's is. If I had to choose what to bust out with in da club, I'd probably go with the Bernie. Seriously, do you know how much attention you would get with that? A lot. Answer this, when you're driving past a used car lot or a wholesale furniture store and you see on of these...



 ...you cannot tell me that you aren't immediately drawn to them, can you? That's how polarizing the Bernie is. 

Winner: doin the Bernie

Loser: probably everyone around you

#2

Sports!

Why? Because I can.
  • UGA Football got something other than a kick in the balls on Thursday. They missed out on a OLB from Penn. named Barnes (so, maybe not such a bad thing), but they did sign two big recruits from the state of GA. If nothing else, they kept Jay Rome and Malcolm Mitchell away from the state of Alabama. I'm not sure that Rome will have much of an impact early in his career, but Mitchell sure can. Searles is gone, and hopefully he took that pussyfooting on the O-line with him.
  • It's halftime at the NFC Championship, and all the talk is about field conditions. Give me a fuckin' break; this isn't polo.
  • Vince Young believes that he is still an elite NFL QB. Good for you, buddy.
  • Georgia Basketball has been a head scratcher. Or maybe not... they are beating the hell out of bad to mediocre SEC teams (exception being Kentucky). Sandwiched in between those W's are some really bad performances. They've got a big one Tuesday
  • Pitchers and catchers report Feb. 14th. I'm talking about baseball. You guys are nasty. The Braves are looking to build on a good 2010 season. But what will they do without Melky,  Farnsworth, and Kawakami?! I hear you, but we'll make it. And by the way, Kawakami still in the organization, so come off that ledge.
Two posts. I knew I could do it.

No comments: