Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Back in the Days of KP



So I figured it's been awhile since I've posted on the blog and it seems the heat is turning up on the OIA v. OITO so I figured I'd post something on the good ol' times of KP that most of ya'll were not lucky enough to experiance, and those that were, were never sorely missed in the stompin grounds. So I'm starting a new segment called "Back in the Days of KP" (KP means Kensington Park. I figured ya'll mothatruckers use enough initials that it doesn't need explaining. But there are a few loose bolts on the OIA side." What I'm gonna try my hardest to do, is tell a story of something that happened that humored me while living in KP which mostly involved the Hollands, the Byerlys, me and my brother, and a few well known friends peppered in here and there. Should be fun and a curve ball from the normal bulljive that weazle or shane puts on here that usually gets shiv's panties in a wad. And who knows, I'll throw in a couple of stories from that era that doesn't really involve KP itself, but something that happened along that time in which we were kings of the KP, kinda like the glory days if you will. Plus, No one reads these blogs besides the people who are in one circle, so why not contribute something that is completely useless anyway.






"Yo! You know what time it iz?"

It was one of the days of summer in between 7th and 8th grade. Late July I believe when the sun was getting to be pretty hot and for some reason we did not get invited to go the German country club with the Byerlys. Probably because Jack got busted making out with middle byerly girl one night and then older byerly girl two nights later, but that's besides the point. Every day for lunch we would go to one of 6 places. McDonalds, Wendy's, Baldinos, all in medical arts center, or sometimes when we were ballsy we would ride on our bikes to either the BK lounge on waters and eisenhower or krystals or Subway on DeRenne and White bluff. Hardly ever Subway. In fact, as I remember, this is one of the only times I ever went to Subway. One, because I don't really like sub sandwhiches, and two, if I was going to eat a sub sandwhich, Subway blows. But I digress.

Back to the story; My two cousins are in town, Michael and Matthew. They are from Effingham and ellabell respectively and arent too familiar wit' deez parts. Regardless/irregardless, we walk over to hollands house and he decides he wants Subway. After minimal objection we decide to go. JJH pets his dog Chipper goodbye with a golf club and we are out.

Now, this stage of our lives we are purely bike riders. Seldom walk much unless little holland or littlest byerly are coming and don't have enough bikes. Jack was riding his beach cruiser that was a christmas gift that year I think. It was a dark color will silver shiney fenders. My cousins had my old P.O.S. and one of jack's sisters I believe. And I was riding my moms nice green performance bike that was pretty expensive for a 7th going on 8th grade tot. We strap up, roll out, and are on our way.

It may be a good 3 minute bike through little isreal til we get to busy abercorn. We didn't cross at the normal cross walk for what reason I'm not sure. But in crossing, we get to the middle of abercorn where krystals is located, and look across to where that shopping center is and see 5 guys on 4 bikes, color of skin does not matter. And JJH looks at me and goes, "Lets go around to derenne side." Obviously to steer clear of the fellows heading our direction. I agree and we cruise on over to derenne going against traffic, heading to subway. Now about the time we get in front of Captain D's our friendly fellows are cruising threw the parking lot of Captains D's and politely cut us off. We stop and exchange pleasantries in which one of the ringleaders ask. "Hey, yo, You know what time it iz?" Me and holland look at each others wrist to see that neither of us has a watch. We turn to see our two cousins shaking their heads, Nope, not a time piece on any of us.
"Sorry man, don't know what time it is."-me

"Time for you to get off yo BIKE!!!" says ringleader, in a rick james sort of an accent.

Im perplexed, stunned, and searching for air. Am I getting robbed of my bike, at 12 oclock in the day, in the middle of broad day light. ON DERENNE?!?! Yup. Sho wuz. Outnumbered, with suprise as their wildcard, and with our tails between our legs, we politely gave em our bikes. and they rode away. BUT WAIT!, heres the kicker! In my adrenaline staged duress, I run inside the captain D's to look for help. And what do I see. F*ck YEA! it's a cop in a uniform! Yes! for sure my luck is turning up and were gonna get em! I run up to em and said.

"SIR! SIR! There are some kids that just stole our bikes!!!"

And this is about the time where my excitement was crushed... he slowly turned to me, and saw the horror in my eyes, once i realized and the words that came out of his mouth..............


"Sorry buddy.....I'm just a CAT bus driver."

And he damn sure was. Had the CAT symbol on there and everything. It was kinda like someone taking all the easter eggs you've found, and jumping on them, breaking them all.
Well. That's the first story of Back in the Days of KP. I know it's a long read and probably the next few wont be as long. I just had to start off with something good. Or at least decent. And then if and when I get any followers, I'll start to taper off and get boring and repetitive. Kinda like my own OIA.

3 comments:

Shane said...

"JJH pets his dog Chipper goodbye with a golf club and we are out. "

AWESOME!!!

That was pretty damn funny.

Weazle said...

good shit, looking forward to the other installments...possibly a KP goes on vacation: when dixie dawg attacks

AnneH07 said...

i like this! KP for life... I want to see more of me and margaret in there though... maybe some flashlight tag stories?