Thursday, December 17, 2009

Possible Invention

Flat Tire
The past few days I have a sensor in my truck that has went off that denotes the air pressure in my tires is low. I have checked them all and they seem to be fine, no worries Toyota, my gas pedal is not getting stuck either. In thinking about tires and air pressure, I began to think about air in tires itself. So I asked myself, what would be to best substitute for air in a tire. And I came up with an interesting idea...

Instead of filling up a tire with air, why not fill it with liquid. I know, I know, you're asking why? Here are my reasons why;

  • Liquid is heavier; I know it may not be better on gas mileage, but it may be a good tool to help keep a car on the road. Distribute the weight between the 4 tires that come in contact with the road.
  • Possible better shock absorption; I didn't pay attention much in physics but maybe the liquid would help with lightening the load on the shocks. Maybe?
  • Flats; This was my only question. What would happen if you did get a nail or screw in your tire? What I would propose is if you filled the tire with a type of polymer or liquid that when it came in contact with air, it would solidify to the type of rubber that the tire is made out of. And even there was a leak in the tire, have it a different color so that you would be able to spot for repair.

These are just three bullets that I've quickly come up with. All pros I believe. Any thoughts?

*Patent pending*

5 comments:

Shane said...

I dont think it would absorb shock any better. That is if you filled the tire up to the max. I think a tire full of rocks would absorb as much shock as a tire full of air. I dont know either though so I could be wrong.

There is also easier ways to make a car heavier. Make the car out of a heavier metal (like Metalica or Iron Maiden).

As for the pop tire idea, I think you just might be on to something...

Weazle said...

I think this is exactly the type of post to take us into the new decade... Who cares about sports posts and political posts...we can get that shit on espn or cnn...I want to read more about the things that lie in the far recesses of Mr. Sauers warped mind.

Weazle said...

Also, this does not count as a patent, so you should probably get to work on doing that, if your LiquiTire idea has some legs. Also, I just had the name LiquiTire copywritten. So, you can use it, if you pay me.

Charlie Dodson said...

Godspeed Andrew.

Charlie Dodson said...

Far better than "hot ice".