Tuesday, December 8, 2009

KP Chronicles



"Tom Foolery of JJH4"
Today's post in on the times of messing with JJ throughout the times that KP was thriving with the youth of SJS during the summer and weekends. JJ has always been an odd fellow who my brother and I found joy in seeing him in awkward situations. There are 3 such episodes in which I can fondly remember.
  • Come To my Window;

This was one of the hot summer nights where we would late night visit to get JJ to come out so we can go hit on the Byerly girls down the street. It was me and my aforementioned cousin in the prior post michael. I'm guessing it was around midnight and we didn't wanna wake Liz so we climbed over the fence and snuck around back. We had to calm Chipper so he wouldn't wake up the whole neighborhood, and apparently we did a good job because JJ had no idea what was about to happen. It was they days when AOL IM'ing was reaching the height of it's career and JJ was deep into his computer. Wearing a t-shirt and those old kinda boxers that maybe he got from his grand dad. So, me and Michael tap on the window, nothing. Tap a little harder, jack looks around but goes back to typing what he likes about McCall to someone else. Finally, a third round of tapping, He looks up, starts screaming and falls into the closet, pulling down a few shirts on the way down. One of my proudest moments. I think he threw away Gdads boxers.




  • What are you doing? It's 4 in the morning!

JJ was always weird about a few things. Eating at other people's houses, and sleeping at other people's houses. Now being that it was right down the road you would think JJ would be ok with sleeping over. But I guess not. One night we were down at my house watching a movie. May have been Rudy, or the mighty ducks, not sure. Well it started getting late, around 1100 tops and JJ fell asleep on the couch. My Brohan and I couldn't believe it. He's sleeping at someone's house!!! We knew that when he woke up he would freak out, leave and go stroll on his beach cruiser 5 houses down. So my brother and I decide to play a little trick on jackie-poo. We turn out the lights and the tv, make it completely dark. We wake em up and ask em, "What are you doing here, it's four in the morning." Faster than Usain Bolt he's out the front door to the side of the house where he usually finds his bike. (Little did he know that before we woke him up, we moved the bike to the other side of the house.) And you've all seen it. The look of JJ's face as if he's about to win or lose 100 dollars, when he puts his hands to his head going....."Ohhhhh boy!" That was a good one.


  • What's your name sir? "Bryan Gray"
JJ also made a nice 5 hole golf course in his front yard. But being the man he was he would not settle for anything but the best. So one day we decide to take our hogs over to Fairway oaks with a few golf clubs and a putter. We cruise up beside live oak on bacon park's golf cart, ride all the way down to the par three by the woods, and walk up onto the fringe and start chippin onto the green. Before we started our escapade on the course we all agreed to keep a look out for the rangers in case one came up and we got in trouble. Well we had been up there for maybe 5 minutes, and without warning, Joe f*cking hauls ass back to the bikes, I didn't question his reasons and I took off right behind him. We hit the low gears on our bikes for a speedy get away and we start to look back, no Jack. I ask my brother what we are in a hurry for and he tells me there was a Marshall creeping up on us and he didn't know how JJ didn't see em? We get to the end of the road and finally JJ pulls up with a lackadaisicle(sp?) look on his face. "What happened?!" we asked JJ.
"Well he came up to me and told me not to come back and asked what my name was." JJ replied.

"Well what'd u say?"
"I said my name was Bryan Gray and I'll never come back again." Good one JJ, Burn.

No comments: