Friday, June 11, 2010

HUGE Sports Day!!!


I'm so happy...I could take my pants off! Days like these don't come around often, and I think we need to stop hating and start embracing. It's been a few year since the last time this sporting event this has taken place, but once the squads take the field that same ol' familiar feeling returns. Yep, the Braves and Twins renew their rivalry tonight! They have met twice ('02 & '07) since that 1991 World Series.


Kirby Puckett must have grown a foot or so the week leading up to the series. For me, there were many reasons to dislike those Twins: guy named Kirby who was good a baseball, Minnesota and its proximity to Canada, and Kent Hrbek's bush league play in picking off Ron Gant. What do I remember most from that World Series? That was the first time I heard someone say "fuck". It was my father, and it was directed at Hrbek...many, many times.

The times they are a changing, well kinda. The Braves and Twins are back on top of their respective divisions, but the Twins don't come across as sleazy this go round. But thanks to Kirby, Jack Morris, and Hrbek, I still hate you Minnesota. Go fuck yourselves.

Other notable happenings on the BIG Friday:

WNBA Hoops - 1st place Atlanta Dream (7-2) v New York Liberty (3-4)

Bassmaster Elite Series - Day 3 of the Tennessee Triumph BASS Tourney BASScast Live!

NBA Agency - 19 Days and counting...




7 comments:

Weazle said...

That's a rugby picture.

Carrel_Fan said...

Yep. So what are you getting at?

Weazle said...

Don't try to pull it off like you meant to do that, or you weren't trying to pull one over on us.

Carrel_Fan said...

I would never do you wrong.

Weazle said...

That's because you know the consequences.

Carrel_Fan said...

A pregnant Bunger?

Weazle said...

No. That is biologically impossible.