Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summa Summa Summa Time



I just dealt with my first block class for the second to last time ever. Three of my kids aren't allowed in school tomorrow. Christmas came early. It is a good feeling. It is going to feel even better tomorrow. I am not sure how the last day of school, The Avett Brothers, The Rail happy hour and a Friday are all going to mesh together. Any one of those four would call for some serious celebrations. I've been drunk before. I am going to give being good a try. Not too good though...as my mother constantly reminds me, I am going to pace myself. We will see how that works out.

I am the type of guy that looks forward to things a lot. I like to go with the flow, but I really like having something to look forward to. Friday at 3:15 a bell is going to ring, a bell that I have heard many times before, but this time with new meaning. This bell will ring in freedom. It will ring in merriment. It will ring in adventure. It will ring in celebration of the fact that I have survived my first year as a teacher, something many people don't do...at a school many people don't want to do it at. It will ring in the Weazle I’ve always wanted to be: a Weazle who can take a bad situation and make it better. It will also ring in a Weazle with plenty of free time and disposable income. Dreams do come true…God Bless America.

No comments: