Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 1

Bon voyage, Bunger!

Waking up at 4:30 in the morning is for the birds. I only had to do it a couple of times this week, but it was a couple too many. Work is awesome. It beats sitting in a classroom for 8 hours, that's for sure. My first official patient is 78, and she has called me everything but Joey in 3 visits -- Jody, Jonah, Josh, and jerk. She's sweet. My instructor still hasn't shown up for work. The other employees assure me that she does exist, and that I will be receiving credit for the rotation. We'll see. As for driving, Lex and Terry in the morning and driving the explorer like it's a Ferrari all day get me from point A to B. Right now, I'm OK with the drive. I'm not sure how long I'm gonna make it, so SSI isn't out of the question. How's the Junior Staff, Shiv?

Hey Bunger and Shane, good call. The Avett Brothers were great. I have listened to them and never was sold. Well, as of a week ago, I'm sold. It's hard to believe that those 3 + Joe Kwon could ever put on a show like that. I'm not sure what category you can place the Avett Brothers in to. If it's bluegrass, fine. If it's "alternative folk" (Amazon.com's take), that sounds kinda weird, but OK. They aren't like many other bands, and I like that. Who knew they could make Springsteen tolerable for me...



Moving on...



Lakers win! Lakers win! Love that picture by the way. Queensbridge was definitely in the building on Thursday night. Not sure if I'm a Laker fan, but I'm a Kobe Bryant. He proved 2 things in the past 2 months worth of playoffs: 1. Shooting more than everyone else gives you the best chance at scoring; 2. He's the best basketball player in the world. As for Bostonians, suck it. Ok I'll be honest, it would not have matter who played the Celtics; I would have rooted for the West no matter what... well except Dirk and zee Mavs.

Jack - "Paul Pierce is "the Truth"?! Ron Artest handled the truth!!"

The US Open wraps up today on NBC. That means: Phil has checked out, Tiger took the night off last night to focus on golf, and Johnny Miller is an idiot. I'm pulling for Dustin Johnson.

On a personal note... this weekend I swung/swang/swinged(?) and missed. I was talking the big talk all this week. But after one beer Friday and Saturday nights, I was down for the count. I guess I need to start drinking at work to tune the body up for the weekend. It's settled -- Martini Mondays and Tequila Sunrise Tuesdays. I'm going to do better.

Hey, Koman Coulibaly - you're fucking out! Don't screw with America's sport.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: