Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm Lost




Lost has been airing for almost 6 years. I watched it for the first time on Sunday. I gotta say, the jokes on me. Two and a half hours, and I'm left saying to myself, "Do what?" I have no idea what I just saw. There are 2 things that I can decipher: 1. there was a plane crash & 2. this guy did it. Hey, I'm just saying, put the pieces together.

My review (in a nutshell):

Likes:

- The women on this show were not shy.
- Reaffirms that walking is the safest way to travel

Dislikes:

- Some old guy with a knife is going to sink an island?
- Guys with the names: Desmond, Sawyer, & Hugo
- Hey Asian folks - stop speaking your native language. This is America, and we know you're talking about us...we have the subtitles to prove it.
- Everybody dies? Sorry, only the Departed can get away with that.
- Get the guy from Lord of the Rings outta here
- The preview for Angelina Jolie's new movie

Lost will go down, in my book, as the worst reality TV series ever. There were no obstacle courses, singing competitions, fat celebrity weigh-ins, or Trump firings. Wait, Lost was all fake? Damn, got my ass. Well, I think Gilligan's Island got it right the first time.

2 comments:

Weazle said...

Gilligan's Island did a much better job of fictionalizing people stranded on an island.

Carrel_Fan said...

I gotta say, the evil black smoke on Lost is genius.