Friday, November 30, 2007

Top 5 Friday

You know it. You love it. You can't live without it. Yes indeed everyone it is the triumphant return of Top 5 Friday!! Today's we're going to count down the top 5 most underrated bands of all time. That's right we are looking at music's workhorses that don't get the credit they deserve. Think of them as the Joe Tvrdy or the Jack Holland of bands, they never get enough credit. I should be writing a paper right now, but this is way too important.

5. Crosby, Stills, Nash, +/- Young
These guys harmonize as well as Murray and Bunger do at Benny's. You can have Neil Young and his cocaine self. He continues to get all of the credit while CSN beat up the airwaves.

4. Yes
They might be the uncle of Widespread, but I won't hold it against them. They're wacky style always makes me want to eat acid. Seriously though, they're better than you favorite band.

3. Stevie Ray Vaughn & Double Trouble
Ask any d00d on the street who does Texas Flood, and they'll respond Guitar Hero. What a bunch of gays. SRV's guitar play may be some of the best ever, but all of the brothers crowned Mikey along time ago. By the way, thanks Mikey.

2. Queen
Who knew that a gay could be so flamboyant? Freddie Mercury, if that's your real name, is the best front man of all time. When I start my band that is priority #1. They're that band that no one admits to liking, and I can hear all of you saying, "whatever Joey, I like them no matter what". You're a bunch of carpetbaggers. Yeah, I said that.

1. David Bowie
Crown 'em. He is one of the oddest persons of all time, but his songs are super. Murray and I were discussing him the other day. We agreed that not one of his song sounds remotely similar, and that makes for some interesting music. Yeah, maybe he did fool around with Jagger, but who are we to judge? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, that's what Brother Whitehead taught me. 50 cent taught me that if you got a glass jaw you should watch yo mouth.




Top 5 most overrated Bands

5. The Beatles
4. Rascal Flatts
3. Ohio State marching band
2. Van Halen/Van Hagar
1. The Eagles

2 comments:

sauers6 said...

beatles are not over-rated, however they might be a little overplayed by the people in the bungalow, but good thing joey doesnt throw stones because he could prob hit it from his house..

Carrel_Fan said...

Let me rephrase. The "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" Beatles are overrated to me. The Abbey Road, Rubber Soul Beatles are great.