Friday, April 9, 2010

An Athens Weekend Pre-Cap


So it has been decided. The Weazle is Athens bound. It has been a long time since I have been up there last, possibly since "The Great Culture Debate of Ok State." I was pretty broke for the last two years of undergrad; so, my excursions were extremely sparse. But, Athens will always hold a place in my heart. I have never had a bad time there: from wrestling matches in the middle of the road to opening four tabs at the General in the matter of half an hour. I once took a short cut through a thorn bush only to find a barbed-wire fence on the other side: a bad time in Athens still doesn't seem that bad.
I couldn't find anyone to co-pilot my adventure; so, I am rolling solo. I believe there will be some perks to this: I do not have to look after my cousin at all, the gas expenses will be lower, because the weight of an extra body in my car would add to the gas milage, I can leave ASAP instead of waiting for someone to get off of work at 5. The main thing I am looking forward too, besides for seeing my blogging brothers, is getting inside Sanford Stadium. Despite the fact that I have been to Athens for game day three or four times, I never ended up getting a ticket to go in the game. This could possibly be because of my cheap nature.
The first time I went to Athens, I was visiting a friend of mine from Pennsylvania who went to Georgia, and the first thing I wanted to see was Sanford Stadium...Since that late summer day in 2004, (Bear Williams was just beginning to get hair on his who-who) I have not made it inside the stadium. However, G-Day is free; and, that's where you'll find me.
Athens won't be the same without Big D there, and I know I speak for everyone when I say that we are sorry for your family's loss, and our thoughts and prayers are with yall. I will hit on a 17 year old, just for you, this weekend... a win is a win.

3 comments:

Shane said...

Get punched in the face in front of the court house for me please.

Weazle said...

That I will not do.

Charlie Dodson said...

Thanks, Bung. Have a good time and watch out for bears in the bars.