Monday, April 26, 2010

ATL's not that bad...

It has a couple of nice things to offer in all of that mess. Nestled in between all of the sassy/fancy pants Midtowners, the extras from Slumdog, & Puff Daddy restaurants, there's some stuff worth talking about in Atlanta.

First off, Fox Brothers BBQ is as good a eatery as I have ever come across. Food isn't expensive and pair that with the best Bloody Mary there is, and you've got yourself an instant classic. I have eaten there several times, and I cannot think of one bad thing to say about any experience. The work staff is as weird as it gets; they have a short rib that looks like that thing they serve to Fred Flintstone...may taste a bit better.

Secondly, this place is amazing. Now, it's no Savannah Civic Center, but Chastain Park is a great place to see a band. It reminds me of those talent shows back at the BSS gym. Not a bad seat in the place, and as long as the weather is cooperates, it's dang near perfect. The Tabernacle is cool, but to crowded. The Variety Playhouse is cool, but every time I've been there I fear being mugged or held hostage by a cult and forced to drink their Kool Aid. Check mark goes to Chastain.

Soooo, that's all I could come up with. I've heard the Aquarium is neato. Oh and the Braves play softball in Atlanta.

Here's My Morning Jacket playing Austin City Limits...minus all that Evil Urges junk. I saw them, Sam, and Sass Friday night.





1 comment:

JJBA said...

Ate at Fox Brothers a while back and it was great. Bar-b-que is exceptional and the Mac & Cheese is different but real good. The atmosphere is similar to something you would likely see on DD&D's.