Saturday, April 3, 2010


It's here. After all of the whining about a crappy tournament, we get to see the last four teams that have survived. Personally, I have enjoyed the madness, but at the same time I would love seeing Kansas take on Syracuse or Kentucky and Baylor fly up and down the court. None the less, the Final Four is upon us. And, it's going to deliver just as it always does.

Michgan State v Butler(-1)

MSU is what happens when a great coach teaches a group of kids how to play good team basketball. They were a mess at the beginning of the season, but Izzo set them straight. Raymar Morgan pretty much quit on the team earlier in the year, but after a good talkin to by Izzo, Morgan has seen the light.

Butler is the definition of a solid team. They're experienced, and it shows. Everyone on the floor puts in maximum effort on both ends of the court. Their head coach, Brad Stevens, is due for a pay day with his 0.863 winning percentage and all. Gordon Hayward is probably the best player of the four teams left.

Result: Izzo can't do it all. Butler wins 68-64

West Virginia v Duke(-3)

I have never been a Duke fan...ever. In no way am I saying that they aren't a talented group, but this team's success is and always will be (atleast as long as K is running shit) a product of the three ball going in. No real surprise there. I do not agree with his style of coaching or lack there of, but it works most of the time. As long as the threes are falling, they'll continue to roll. Heaven help them when that well is dry. P.S. put Nolan Smith on another team with a different style, and he's a top 5 player in the country.

West Virginia is what happens when a bunch of great athletes are guided in the right direction by a guy that knows a thing or two about egos. Bob Huggins know how to manage guys, and get a lot out of them. He may not be the greatest coach, but he's a great manager and he knows the game as well as anyone. Guys want to play for him because if they play hard, the keys are theirs'.

Result: I just want Duke to lose, and Casey Mitchell get a little playing time maybe have an impact. WVU wins 65-54



5 comments:

Denny said...

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want Duke to win unless they are playing against the school you cheer for. Makes no sense to me. For example want Duke to win every game they ever play unless they are playing the Dawgs.

Weazle said...

It is the whole idea of not liking a team. I believe the German language has a word for "enjoying the misery of your enemy"... I don't know what the word is, maybe Rick does (since he is from the Black Forest). I don't like Duke, and I don't like seeing them win. I don't like seeing the Yankees win either. I just don't like generic default teams that half the country seems to be a fan of...forget about the fact that my favorite club soccer team is Barcelona.

In other news, how about Huggins getting on top of that kid, going nose to nose with him and softly rubbing his face...kinda awkward.

Carrel_Fan said...

I guess since they won, I should jump on board like everyone else. What I just said doesn't make sense to me.

Weazle said...

I am pulling for Butler

Carrel_Fan said...

Agreed, weazle.I'm also pulling for a rainout in tonights Yanks/Sox.