Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Turkey Trot

Thanks to the crackers in my class, I am proud to announce that turkey season is upon us. And I don't mean jive turkeys...


Yep, south GA is chalk full of them...turkeys and crackers that is. Throughout the day, our breaks consist of hunting stories, gun talk, and youtube videos like the one I'm going to show you in just a bit. Now, I have never been much of a hunter. Gathering is much more my style. Call me a Democrat, but there is something about putting bullets in to animals that just seems a little off to me. And don't get me started on those outfits!

But I'm a man! I fish. I wear short shorts, sperrys and costas...damn it. I catch fish, and I eat them. I catch crabs...wait, shit. There's no sitting in trees or application of deer piss. It's hard to beat a day in the boat with beer and the Rockwells. Anyway, I'm sure it's a double-edged sword, but fishing just appeals to me way more. I have had this argument several times with classmates, but majority rules, especially when they have guns.

***The following video is kinda funny and kinda f'ed up; there is NO happy ending. This is a friend of mine and another guy going deer slayer on turkey asses.***

4 comments:

Weazle said...

That is pretty disgusting. Not that I don't love eating turkey, and that wild turkey probably had a much better life than any turkey I have eaten from the Butterball Factory, but that is pretty disturbing. There is no way you can call that a sport. And it is kind of ironic that hunting is supposed to get you back to nature, yet they were using a manufactured decoy and filming it for youtube. For the record, I am not against hunting, but there's got to be a more challenging way to do it than that. Give the bird a chance.

PMac said...

Hey that bird asked for it. That dumbass hauled it over to the decoy, unlike all the others. I about fell out of my chair watching that.

Carrel_Fan said...

Don't get me wrong, I laugh my ass off at this video. When the turkey takes off running for the decoy, I lose it every time. That being said, watching this still give me that icky feeling.

Weazle said...

Poor Jive Turkey, he thought he was gonna get him some.