Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OITO Behind the Music: DJ Marty



Producer: Last time, we brought to you the story of one man and his circuits. In this episode of Behind the Music, we will tell of one man journey to rump shaking stardom. Yes, we're talking about the infamous DJ Marty. When we asked one woman to described his act, she replied "You shouldn't talk that way to woman." Marty's response would likely be something like, "Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaa you do." When I asked a few others, they responded "Oh yeah, the guy who barks at girls. I have seen him in Victoria's Secret before...what about him?" Off the stage, Marty is as cool as a cucumber, but don't ever think about handing him any vegetables. He's a meat and potatoes kinda guy. When he gets behind that mike, he's like an animal in heat.

Wind it back to the 60's. Growing up and into his teen years, Marty was trying to find his place in a world filled with what he describes as "...too much clothes, hippie music, and reading". He wanted more...ass that is.



DJM: "Ooooooh man, Roy warned me about you guys! Nah we straight, but look youngblood, I can't help it that I was born to break it down. You looking at the definition of an OG. I had that beat in my bones at a young age, and it made all the girls percolate. Now, look at me; I got shorties shakin them sandy butts every night."

Producer: No one ever accused him of being modest. He loves the ladies and well, the ladies just love to know Marty's whereabouts.

DJM: "Mannn, on a slow night at Tybee Time, I got bout 4 or 5 chickens with the booty sweat allon me son! Believe that! And don't ask me about a busy night. Ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaa! But haters will be haters. You know... I just praise Sir Mix A Lot for giving me the strengph to persevere through all the hateration"

The self proclaimed Prince of Booty and DJ Marty's idol, Sir Mix A Lot

Producer: This "hateration" that DJ Marty speaks of come from a talking pitcher of Kool Aid. The Kool Aid Man is stead fast in his complaint that DJ Marty stole his trademark phrase.

Kool Aid Man:
"Are you asking me if he stole what was mine? Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh!!!"

DJM: "Coooommmmmme on! Like I'm gonna steal something from a big ol' bowl of ketchup."

Producer: With phrases like, "girl, shake that pancake butt", "if you ain't down to f*ck, then get yo ass on", and the ever popular "mmmmm get boo a towel, she leakin", it's hard to see why any female would ever get the wrong impression.

DJ Marty posing with a longtime member of his fan club

DJM:
"Listennnnnn, how else you gonna make it if you don't give something for them to remember you by? What do think is the first thing that comes to a dime's mind when I tell her that she got my head spinning the way she make her butt talk? 'Wow, DJ Marty is a great guy and super conscious of his surroundings... I should probably grind on him.' See what I mean?"

Producer: Given his rising status, DJ Marty has starting looking beyond the booth. He told us about his new adventures...

DJM: "I call it Booty Sweat. It's an energy drink. Hey, that stupid ass movie, Tropic Thunder, paid me for it. It's got real bits of booty, so it goes down smooth...every time."

Producer: For those of you who don't know DJ Marty, you will. If he isn't growling into mics or asking patrons to wobble with it, you can find DJ Marty getting that money...

DJM: "Can I leave you with one thought? Okay, For all the fellas out there, if your girl is twerkalatin and u ain't tryin to get in them draws...you better send her over to the booth. Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaa!"











2 comments:

Weazle said...

Your journalistic integrity and thirst for the truth is still a beacon in a shadowy blogosphere.

Shane said...

AWESOME. I am speechless. OITO #1