Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sports

Fred Taylor was cut by the Jags on Monday. I can't say that I'm upset, and if I did, most of you wouldn't believe me. Taylor didn't really seem very interested in being on the field this past season. He's too old and too fragile, and the Jags finally pulled the trigger, Old Yeller style. Don't get me wrong, he was very valuable for a few seasons, but he's 33 years old. Much of his career saw Taylor run into the pile at the line of scrimmage and then fall down. He had some nice years, but those are way, way behind him. MoJo will take the bulk of the carries, and we'll have to wait and see how that pans out. My guess, he's got more in the tank than FT, so he should be OK.

The Atlanta Braves are stilled awaiting Ken Griffey Jr.'s decision on where he wants to played baseball. Hopefully, we'll get some exciting news. He's obviously not going to hit 50 homeruns, but man if he could just hit 17 to 25. In 2008, the Braves outfielders combined for about 25. That's bad. Kelly Johnson signed a one year deal today. He will be key if Atl wanted to compete this season, which I believe they will.

College Basketball is cruising along. I can't believe the conference tourneys are just around the corner. The Big East is the Big Dawg and Jay Bilas is still a douche. I don't care what people say, I love NCAA b-ball and consider it just as watchable as ever. There's not much in terms of guard play, but there are some really good 3s and 4s. March is going to be fun. My Final Four is Pitt, UNC, Mich State, Oklahoma, but that is tentative, of course.

Barkley will return to the TNT Broadcast on Thursday, and I couldn't be happier to see him. He left TNT in January for some bullshit DUI charge. Can't a guy get his drink and gamble on without the oinks buttin' in? Damn knuckleheads. The Dunk Contest missed Sir Charles and so did Greg Anthony. Boy, Reggie Miller could shoot, but he cannot get me pumped about a tomahawk jam. And how about his "sister", what a dude.

**It's officially unofficial, Griffey is headed back to Seattle.**

3 comments:

JJBA said...

Great day for OITO. Ill take UNC, Wake, Washington, and Pitt. Frank Wren, his fault or not, might not want to sit in the grandstands this year. Shane sucks.

Carrel_Fan said...

I think the Braves will be OK in terms of pitching because they made some decent moves and Hudson/Moylan will be back after the break. Offensively, the Braves will remain an enigma and that's just the way it will always be.

Charlie Dodson said...

Final Four:
Marquette, Arizona State, Memphis, and UNC