Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tiger is Back

Well, Tiger Woods is back and there seems to be no signs of rust to his game. Here is a quick recap:
He played match play today and so the players were not require to keep score, but if you look at his round he would have shot a 68. He had 2 eagles, 2 birdies, and 2 bogeys. He had five one putts, and no three putts. He also hit 8 of a 12 fairways. That is 68% fairways hit, a stat he usually does not do as well in.

Now lets compare: Mickelson took 9 rounds to finally shoot in the 60's. Vijay has already missed two cuts this season. Harrington has missed a couple of cuts, and was eliminated today. Sergio was eliminated today. Els won his match, but has still be shakey this season. Last Year Tiger played 6 events, won 4, finish no worse than 5th in the other two. I know it is just his first tournament back from knee surgery, but I am predicting a huge year for the man. i believe he is going to win atleast two majors this year, maybe even three. I believe he will win the Masters. Ever since his last win in 2005, he has finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd. He is going to win the U.S. Open because it is back at Bethpage where he won it back in 2002. If he does win a third major, I think it will be at the PGA Championship at Hazeltine where he finished 3rd the last time it was contested here.

Now, I am more of a Mickelson fan, but I do respect Tiger. He is the best player ever, and he has done a lot for golf.

Now my top 5 Fav golfers:
1) Ben Hogan
2) Phil....do not screw up this year
3) Arnold Palmer
4) Nick Faldo
tied for 5th) Tiger Woods and Tom Watson

4 comments:

Barstool69 said...

Couldn't this have been done in video format?

sauers6 said...

WTF Plowe? Your family is not even in the top 5?! See if I get Gene to send you a Christmas gift this year.

sauers6 said...

That's strike two buddy.

Snuffy said...

I would have to put Tim O'Neal in my Top 5.