Friday, April 24, 2009

Kiper III

Two serious posts in a row? Yes my friends, I can put a few coherent thoughts together once and a while. I want to talk a little about the NFL Draft. Shane has already put his 0.02 into the discussion. Those cents amounting to 'big whoop, wanna fight about it?', so readers please humor me for the next few minutes.

I'm not necessarily a Draft junkie, I prefer NyQuil. You follow certain players and their college careers more closely than others. Naturally, it's great to see these players move one step closer to reaching their ultimate goal. And then there's the players that you can designate as the train wrecks waiting to happen. Those are fun to watch too.

This isn't a draft board or a mock draft or even a mock board. No, this is just a list of players that I have really enjoyed watching for 2+ years, and my guess/hope as to where they end up.

1. Pat White has always been really fun to watch. Turns out, he's a pretty good passer at the college level. Not much of a chance to be an every down QB, but man he could cause some problems in the Miami wildcat. He'll certainly be around in the 2nd and maybe 3rd or 4th.

2. I think the Texans and Moreno would be a pretty good fit. It's not going to happen, but that passing attack sure could use a "do-it-all" back to change things up. Worst case scenario, he gets shipped to Indy. May not get a lot of touches, but he might get a ring.

3. Mohammed Massaquoi and dropped balls were smushed into the same sentence quite often. When he wasn't dropping passes, he was making really big plays. The Bears just got Cutler. He needs someone to throw to. Hey Cutler, throw it to Massaquoi. Go head Massaquoi get that ball and that money!

4. Percy Harvin likes to smoke weed. The Bengals really have this thing for repeat offenders. Like a glove.

5. Jared Cook ate Georgia's lunch in 2008. Ric wouldn't even attempt to CS this dOde. Before the Falcons got Tony "I'm not that old. I can still dunk over the goal post." Gonzalez, Cook seemed like the right fit. Prove me wrong Falcons.



This, of course, is another reason why I'll be watching tomorrow:

No comments: